- The mass linking of Vom@s stuff is underway on Nicovideo, combined with Kagamination. Check out the tags and then I won't feel as bad dropping a bunch of them from my stuffed shortlist.
- coraleaterlinda totally scooped it back in the Kaito/Miku post, but let's throw it out on the front page: a preview of the beta of Gumi Extend popped up last week, check them out here (Power) and here (Whisper).
- As I understand it, Vocaloid-Otaku's back up and running, and apparently the Vocaloid wiki was back up and sorted in a matter of hours.
- Anime Expo has pretty much become Vocaloid mecca, and I wish I were going. Not only have you got Danny Choo MCing Miku's first stateside concert, but you have an enormous list of Vocaloid celebrities showing up. Vocaloidism's keeping track of the full list here.
- KarenT has been given permission to start selling AHS vocaloid music, which by my count now gives them full access to all Vocaloid music with the exception of Piko and Iroha. Now we just need a massive merchandising agreement between all the companies and Project Diva Complete will be a reality, COME ON CRYPTON.
- The big one: in all of a few hours at 6pm Japan Standard Time, the Niconama feed for the 'Vocaloid World ~ Secret Party' will open to both free and premium accounts. Details on what exactly this entails are pretty slim: Yamaha have been strongly touting that a 'turning point in Vocaloid history' will happen, but have been otherwise tight-lipped. People are assuming this means the release of VOCALOID3; presumably it's not that they're going to start taking over the world Macross-style, but you never know. The show's going to include new songs and a variety of performers, so you might want to hop onto the feed and press the big Timeshift button if you can't make it. Unfortunately I'll literally just have reached work by the time it starts, so if anyone else wants to keep an eye on it and liveblog it or the accouncements therein, please do feel free.
- I'm wondering if it's worth having a single rolling post for news like this, but most weeks it's not really going to be worth it. Thoughts? Yes, no?
Rolling Edits From Here On:
- Of no surprise to anyone at all, Yamaha's spat out a press release today announcing VOCALOID 3, due out September 30th. We're going to be seeing Chinese, Korean and Spanish language sets, improved editing tools, and the ability to listen to the separate tracks of the song as you're making changes on the fly. It also looks like you'll be able to take all those Vocaloid 2 soundbanks and mash them into Vocaloid 3 via the Import Tool.
- I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that Miku's English release is probably gonna sync up with that release date. This close to a version upgrade, they'd be a little nuts not to wait just that little extra.
- Sourced from cagallizala: Sakamoto Miu is going to provide the third Yamaha voicebank for Vocaloid 3. Crypton and Internet voicebanks will be upgraded for V3. A slew of new Vocaloids to follow - two from Zero-G, utattemita-based ones from AHS, a Vocaloid3 from PowerFX. (I knew I'd read about that last one somewhere.) A new company, 1st PLACE, enters the ring with a vocaloid based off of Lia. CUL (from Vocaloid Revolution) is going to be given her own soundbank by Internet, based off Kitamura Eri. Presumably at some point we'll see REV get done by Internet as well. Korean company SBS Artech will bring out a korean-language one.
- Sourced from belovedysan: A list of features from the stream.
- Gumi Extend via Vocaloid 3 simultaneously blew away most of the comment streams I'm watching. Seriously, Crypton, this is totally the time to just man up and go 'yeah let's team up for great justice'. It would print money. Gumi Extend options: Power, Adult, Whisper, Sweet.
- A new album's being announced combining the talents of every Vocaloid so far along with Vocaloid 3 soundbanks: "The VOCALOIDs", 18 tracks, 2300 yen.
- The 'Vocaloid Music Publishing' group, formed April 1st, is now starting up in earnest; looks like they're going to regulate copyright matters between vocaloid producers and stores. A bit hard for me to make heads or tails of it, but the site is here.
- I've been pointed to this as a pretty damn solid writeup of the event with a lot of pictures attached, although right now it's pretty hammered.
Edit 2: Nicovideo's still kind of being an ass to me, and I don't want to put up a post right before everyone gets locked into economy mode, so I'll just do a double post for catchup on Monday.